Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: Favorite Cover

  1. #1
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Favorite Cover

    of a song...

    I'm looking for something to d/l, and i love covers..

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Cover

    Do You Think I'm Sexy by Revco (The Revolting [censored]). AMAZING!!
    Moving In Stereo by Fu Manchu
    Godzilla by Fu Manchu
    Honky Cat by Halfway To Gone
    Cross Eyed Mary by Clutch
    Symptom Of The Universe by Sepultura
    Lord Of This World by Corrosion Of Conformity
    Zero The Hero by Cannibal Corpse
    Cocaine by Fistula
    Scissorfight has a great ep called Pisquatua that's got about 5 covers and and 2 originals that's really good. It's got covers from GG Allan, Aerosmith, The Dwarves, Dead Kennedy's, and a couple more. You can also get two compliations from www.smallstonerecords called Sucking The 70's that has songs from the 70's covered by todays underground stoner rock bands. Good stuff.

    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Cover

    Gimme Danger...Monster Magnet cover of Iggy.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Cover

    Have you heard of The Atomic Bitchwax, suprbeast? It's a band that Ed Mundell of MM started with Chris Koznic and Keith Ackerman. They're great. They do a couple of good covers like Dirty Deeds by AC/DC and Maybe I'm A Leo by Deep Purple. Koznic has another band called Black Nasa that do a great cover of BTO's I Don't Have To Hide.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Cover

    Yep...I like the retro "stoner" rock...QOTSA is another of my faves.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Cover

    QOTSA is great. I don't know if you've heard Eagles of Death Metal (Josh is in that also) but they're great. They just re-released their last album last week with an extra disk and dvd. The disk has covers of Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer, High Voltage by AC/DC, and Beat On The Brat by the Ramones.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Cover

    Ah... Another one. This one rivals The Revco cover as my all time favorite... Mastodon does a cover of The Emerald by Thin Lizzy that is incredible. If you can find it (it's hard), you'll love it.

    There's also a hard to find cover of Tool doing They Call Me Dr. Love by Kiss.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  8. #8
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Cover

    I know the eagles of death metal...didn't know about the re-release tho...if you like Josh Homme or QOTSA or Kyuss you should check out "Desert Sessions". There are 5 different Discs vols. 1-10. Each disk has 2 volumes (discs are sold individually). It is Josh with everyone coming and going on different tracks. I like em..good driving music.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #9
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Cover

    I know the eagles of death metal...didn't know about the re-release tho...if you like Josh Homme or QOTSA or Kyuss you should check out "Desert Sessions". There are 5 different Discs vols. 1-10. Each disk has 2 volumes (discs are sold individually). It is Josh with everyone coming and going on different tracks. I like em..good driving music.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Cover

    I think I've got about 3 of the Dessert Sessions disks. It's good stuff. Some weird, quirky stuff going on alot of those. Good though.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •